The American Red Cross requires at least 5 students for a class and no more than 12 - no exceptions. Registration forms and payment must be received at least one week prior to the class start date. If there are not enough students registered and paid by this time, you will be notified and fully refunded. Due to social distancing requirements, class sizes are extremely limited. Register early.
We are able to keep our prices low because we do not provide a copy of the Lifeguard Training Manual. Please visit the American Red Cross website to download your own digital copy.
- at least 7 days notice: Full refund
- 4-6 days notice: Refund minus $25.00 cancellation fee
- 0-3 days notice: No refund
If a student becomes ill and is unable to complete the course, a class credit will be issued and must be used within 3 months of the issue date.
PREREQUISITE FOR LIFEGUARD TRAINING
Students must complete the following skills on the first day of class in order to participate in the Lifeguard Training class:
1. Swim 300 meters (non-stop, not timed). It can be any combination of freestyle and/or breaststroke.
2. Swim 20 meters, pick up a 10 lb. brick from a depth of 7-10 feet, swim back to the starting point on your back with both hands on the brick, and exit the pool without using a ladder. Time Limit 1 minute, 40 seconds.
3. Tread water for two minutes using legs only.
If a student is unable to complete the required pre-course on the first day of class, the options are:
1. Receive a refund minus a $25 pre-course/administrative fee
2. Continue with the class and re-attempt the pre-course before the last day of the class
Note: If a student chooses to continue with the course and is unable to complete the pre-course, no refund will be issued.
For more information, contact Pam Champion at 301-213-3946